Where We’ve Been
Akumal, Mexico and Cusco, Peru.
- Watching some good friends get married on a gorgeous beach.
- Finding a great apartment to rent in Cusco within about three hours of arriving (I hope it’s always this easy.)
- John launching Coach Accountable after much hard work. So proud of him.
- Peru, in general. (Too many specifics to mention on this one.) This is a pretty awesome place.
- Poisoning us with black beans. Obviously not my shining moment. Always boil the water, always.
- Feeling crazy out of shape and winded by the hills and altitude. Although, after a few weeks here, I’ve noticed a marked decrease in my need to stop and catch my breath. Things are improving.
Things I’ve Learned
If you shower between noon and 3pm around here, you might get hot water. (This is not a guarantee.)
Also, don’t trust the laundry ladies when they tell you what time to come back to retrieve your clothes. The first time we did laundry they held our clothes hostage for a day and a half. Twice they’ve been closed at the time we were told to return, forcing John to make multiple trips back in hopes they were open. We finally decided to just loiter outside their door. (Eventually the owner of a store next door called the owners and told them to come by.) The upside was that while loitering we met one of our British neighbors, who was also waiting for her clothes, and we made friends with her and her roommates.
What’s Up Next
We are in Cusco until September 10th, when we leave for a trip to Machu Picchu. Then we’ll head to Lima for a bit and end the month in Nicaragua.